As the #TakeTheMaskOff campaign comes to an end, what have I learnt? How have I been effected by the campaign?
This post will be a quick summary of points. Most of which will probably lead to blog posts of their own some time in the future.
- Masking is killing us.
- UnMasking may also kill us.
- It’s very common to not know where the mask ends.
- Masking is yet one more topic that’s not discussed enough by researchers or “autism professionals” but hopefully they will listen to us and that will change.
- There are a lot more amazing autistic writers and bloggers than I had realised.
- Reading other’s experiences helps me make sense of my own.
Some of the things I’ve written about due to this campaign have been very very difficult. It’s taken a lot out of me. But I’m glad I did it, and if it helped even one autistic person make sense of their own experiences, or helped educate anyone at all, it was worth it.